I am trained in and primarily use EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) for Couples
I am also trained in GMCT (Gottman Method Couples Therapy), Level II and use this to supplement my work with couples as necessary.
We are born with an innate drive to seek responsive and safe emotional connections with those we love, and this drive remains vitally active throughout our life. We intuitively know when the felt sense of connection with our partner is off! We all want to matter, and we need emotional connection with others to function well in all areas of life.
Couples counseling will help you identify the source of interpersonal conflict and disappointment that keeps you feeling isolated and alone.
Relationship counseling will promote a better understanding of your fears and unmet needs.
Couples therapy will also foster the emotional safety necessary to communicate in a way each partner can feel heard and understood – sometimes for the first time.
Some Common Topics Addressed in Marriage Counseling Include:
- Conflict Resolution
- Ineffective Communication
- Attachment Patterns and Style of Relating
- Broken Trust and Relational Safety
- Repair of Attachment Injuries such as an Affair or Emotional Withdrawal
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Emotional Intimacy and Issues of Sexuality including Infertility
- Authenticity and Vulnerability
- Parenting and Discipline, Foster Parenting, Adoption
Where is hope continually being deferred in your relationship?